Week 2 Reflection

 


         This week, I took a look at digital natives and produsage.  I would have to say that I am definitely a part of the digital native group or community. One thing I thought about myself was that I felt as though I was a tech-savvy person. However, there are things I still need to learn about Web 2.0 and the social media world, but I am willing to challenge myself to get there while taking this class. Being considered a part of the digital native community, we are distinguished by their ease with technology and how they incorporate it into many aspects of their everyday lives, such as communication, education, and entertainment (Prensky, 2001).

Another thing that I have learned is that people can simultaneously contribute to and consume content creation, blurring the lines between producers and consumers in contrast to traditional approaches to content creation (Burns, 2011). This was so interesting and helped me better understand what is truly meant by products. After understanding the jigsaw portion of Part 2, students are divided into groups and given the new social operating system. Each group is given a certain piece of the book to become "experts" on. Once they have mastered a section, they gather to share their knowledge with other students, ensuring that each person has a complete understanding of the material (Rainie & Wellman, 2013). By working in groups and receiving peer guidance, students who employ this jigsaw method of learning can 



References

Bruns, A. (2011). Beyond difference: Reconfiguring education for the user-led age.. In R. Land & S. Bayne (Eds.), Digital Difference (pp. 131-144). Brill Sense.

Prensky, M. (2001). Digital natives, digital immigrants part 1.On the Horizon9(5), 1-6. 

Rainie, L. & Wellman, B. (2013). Networked: The new social operating system. Boston, MA: MIT Press.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning and Enjoyment

Week 1 Reflection

My Thoughts on Blogging ( 5/21/24)