Digital Natives…. that’s me! (5/22/21)



Marc Prensky first used the phrase "digital natives" in 2001 to refer to those born after 1980 who grew up in the digital era (Prensky, 2001). These people are accustomed to and at ease with digital technology because they were exposed to it at a young age. Those born before digital technology became widely used and had to adjust to it later in life are known as digital immigrants, in contrast to this generation. At first, when reading about it and what it truly meant, I would have to say that I am definitely a digital native. Technology and seeing and testing out all the social media platforms are things that would not interest me.

However, I am slowly learning and adjusting to each one. This class will help me manage my discomfort while expanding my learning with each one I engage in. Due to my familiarity with technology, digital natives like me are essential players in the social media scene. Even though I may not use all the social media platforms, I still use what I have grown accustomed to. Those fully immersed in the digital and social media spheres, contributing to and receiving influence from them, are known as digital natives (Prensky, 2001). Particularly in domains like education, their distinct traits and behaviors offer opportunities and difficulties. In the digital age, better communication, teamwork, and learning can result from recognizing and utilizing the talents of digital natives.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning and Enjoyment

Week 1 Reflection

My Thoughts on Blogging ( 5/21/24)