Communities


Well... I have made it to week 3 in my EME6414 course. At first, I felt so overwhelmed, but now I am getting there. This week, we are learning more about communities. I never knew that I would want to participate in a communities like I have before, however, I am challenging myself to get more involved and take another chance to give another community a try. What are my interests, and/or what type of community do I want to be involved in? I am still thinking about these things because I want to learn something from the new community I will be involved in. Online communities are vital places for people with similar interests and objectives because they offer forums for communication, assistance, and teamwork (Lejealle et al., 2021). Comprehending the distinctions and mutual benefits between virtual and real-world communities can assist individuals and establishments in utilizing both to establish more robust and interconnected webs.



Reference

Lejealle, C., Castellano, S., & Khelladi, I. (2021). The role of members’ lived experience in the evolution of online communities toward online communities of practice. Journal of Knowledge Managementahead-of-print (ahead-of-print). https://doi.org/10.1108/jkm-03-2021-0250

Comments

  1. Yes! You have made it and you are figuring it out! There's a community for everyone and everything out there, so have some fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week 3 - here we are! I am also going to challenge myself to engage in online communities in a new way. It feels intimidating, but I think once we get comfortable, we will find our place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for sharing the reading! I also want to figure out what are the critical features of an online community, and how does a community differ from a community of practice (CoP). I think the reading is very relevant and I will have a look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning and Enjoyment

Week 1 Reflection

My Thoughts on Blogging ( 5/21/24)